For the base:
25g raisins, chopped
65g crushed Hobnob biscuits
100g praline paste
35g milk chocolate, melted
10g unsalted butter, soft
35g pistachios, roasted and crushed
For the jelly:
300ml orange juice
1 double espresso serving of Nespresso Ristretto
150g caster sugar
3 leaves gelatine
2 oranges, zest only
For the mousse:
350g 64% chocolate
300g crème Anglaise
450ml whipping cream
Requires a base-less tart ring/square mould approximately 25cm across.
To make the base:
- Combine all of the ingredients for the base in a large bowl and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Tip the mix out onto a sheet of parchment paper, lay a second sheet over the top and use a rolling pin to roll the mix to a thickness of 2mm – and in the shape of the mould/tart ring you are using.
- Lift the top sheet off and press the mould into the mix. Trim away any excess mix from around the exposed edge. Set aside in the fridge.
To make the jelly:
- To make the jelly place 100g caster sugar into a heavy-based pan, place it over a high heat and take it to a dark golden caramel.
- Add the orange juice, remove from the heat, add the orange zest and remaining caster sugar and set aside.
- Soak the gelatine in cold water until softened and dissolve it in the hot coffee.
- Add to the orange mix and set the bowl over some iced water.
- At the point where the liquid is just starting to thicken, pour it onto the praline mix in the mould and leave it to set in the fridge.
To make the crème Anglaise:
- Make the crème Anglaise by boiling the milk and cream and pouring it onto the egg yolks which have been whisked together with the sugar.
- Return the mix to a gentle heat and cook to 84ºC or until the custard has thickened – stirring constantly.
- Pour through a fine sieve into a bowl and set aside to cool to room temperature.
To make the mousse:
- To make the mousse, melt the chocolate in a bowl set over simmering water.
- Add the anglaise and stir to combine.
- Remove from the heat and set over a bowl of iced water and stir until cooled to room temperature.
- Whisk the cream until peaks form.
- Gently fold this into the chocolate mix until homogenous, pour it into the mould and if needed, level the mousse with a palette knife.
- Chill in the fridge until set fully for 2-3 hours.
To make the glaze:
- To make the glaze put the sugar, cream and cocoa into a small pan, bring it to the boil and simmer for one minute.
- Soak the gelatine in cold water until soft, add to the cream, add the double espresso of Nespresso Ristretto and whisk thoroughly.
- Once cool, pour the glaze over the surface of the mousse and leave to set in the fridge.
To make the milk purée:
- For the milk purée bring the agar, milk and sugar to the boil and simmer for one minute.
- Pour into a bowl and chill until set. Transfer to a blender and blend to a smooth purée.
Once the glaze has set, run a hot knife around the mould, lift off the ring/mould and portion as required – using a clean hot knife each time. Serve the chocolate pavé with a spoon of milk purée and a freshly made Nespresso Ristretto espresso.