When @Channel4Food kicked off a #foodjoke session on Twitter the other day, it got a lot of laughs from the food loving public. It also reminded me of some of the great curry puns that some of my friends came up with on Facebook.
The best jokes from the #foodjoke session are now on the Channel 4 website and to baji on the conversation a little bit, here’s the edited down version of our curry puns:
- N: Mmmmm curry coma…
- T: You could call it a ‘korma’.
- T: If you’re going into a coma you better make sure you’ve got a comfy bed and a soft pilau.
- N: And a decent madras…
- T: That is simply brilliant!! You deserve the title of supreme PUNjabi. Well done sir.
- N: How long do you reckon we can curry this on for?
- T: Not long – I’ve got naan left.
- N: I’m gonna balti before this gets out of my depth!
- T: Tenuous – very tenuous. To be honest I think we exploited this thread too far but we certainly made samosa it. (No that was tenuous).
- N: Lol I think we got a good dhal of them, good job you bhaji-ed into this conversation…
- T: That was so awful I want to pull my own eyes out. I’m glad you were able to rice to the challenge though.
- N: These are getting more pampas by dam minute!
- T: That’s it – I don’t want to aloo chat about it anymore.
- N: Cumin, it was fun. But I have to got to bed now
- T: Yeah good call – it’s a bhit chilli. Alas fundamentals report for me atm.
- D: You’d both better wrap up warm, or else jalfreezi. The king of tenuous strikes again!
- N: And I was looking for a jalfreezi pun for aaages!
- D: next time you’ll know to phone D’s Joke Service raita way