30 extra-large langoustine tails, peeled and raw. Or large peeled, raw prawns
400ml white miso
400ml BBQ dressing – see below
200ml serving of Nespresso Finezzo Lungo
1 large raw pineapple
2 limes, juice and zest – separate
1 punnet coriander cress
4 ripe avocados
1 tbsp. vegetable oil Szechuan peppercorns
For the BBQ dressing:
70g Dijon mustard
100ml light soy sauce
100ml tomato ketchup
100ml vegetable oil
1 chilli, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
40g ginger, very finely grated
200ml orange juice
2 oranges, zest
To make the BBQ dressing:
- To make the BBQ dressing, place all the ingredients into a large bowl and whisk thoroughly to combine.
- Take 400ml of the BBQ dressing and whisk it together with the miso.
- Add the coffee, whisk again and pour onto the langoustines or prawns.
- Set aside in the fridge, covered, to marinate for 12 hours.
To make the avocado purée:
- To make the avocado purée, peel the avocados, place them into a food processor add the lime juice and a generous pinch of salt and blend to a smooth purée.
- Transfer to a bowl and set aside covered in the fridge.
To make the grilled pineapple:
- Cut the skin off the pineapple, slice it into 10 slices and remove the core from the centre of each slice with an apple corer.
- Brush the pineapple with the oil, grate the lime zest evenly over the slices and using a pepper mill, grind the Szechuan pepper over the slices.
- Place the pineapple under a hot grill and cook until the edges start to blacken.
- Set aside at room temperature.
Drain any excess marinade from the langoustines. Place two large heavy based frying pans over a high heat and leave for one minute. Divide the langoustine tails between the two pans and sauté for one minute. Place the pans under a hot grill and grill for a further two minutes. Remove from the grill, and simply serve the langoustines with some avocado purée, a small green salad and the grilled pineapple.
Garnish with the coriander cress. This dish should be served warm, not hot.